What’s On for Families this Sunday? Cars Shows & Pin-Up Pageants will be back in Fashion at Redcliffe Remembers
Be transported back into bygone times at Redcliffe Remembers, Redcliffe Festival’s FREE curtain close event bringing classic cars and a pinup rockabilly fashion pageant to Moreton Bay Region’s peninsula this Sunday, 11th September.
Experience an exciting and illuminating day out perfect for the whole family! Redcliffe Parade and the foreshore area will be overflowing with an eclectic array of lively, historic and culturally themed entertainment and attractions harking back to the peninsula’s past.
A Miss Redcliffe Festival Pinup Pageant & Classic Car Show Brisbane North in Redcliffe
Whether you’re a rev-head, or a retro fashionista, Redcliffe Remembers has something to keep everyone entertained.
Check out the rockabilly fashion worn by lovely local ladies competing in the Miss Redcliffe Festival Pinup Pageant, or marvel at the impressive vehicles taking part in the Revin’ Up Redcliffe classic car show – proudly supported by Black and White Cabs.
Brisbane north will have the honour of hosting rare, restored vintage beauties from Studebaker Car Club of QLD, Vintage Speedcar Association (Qld) Inc., and Corvettes Down Under Car Club.
The Revin’ Up Redcliffe Classic Car Show Brisbane North in Moreton Bay Region
A collection of over 100 restored, pristine vintage and custom cars of various makes and models awaits you along the Redcliffe foreshore this Sunday courtesy of Black and White Cabs. You’ll find the Revin’ Up Redcliffe car exhibition located between Settlement Cove Lagoon and Charlish Park, featuring real steal beasts and beauties from:
- Studebaker Car Club of QLD
- Vintage Speedcar Association (QLD) Inc.
- Corvettes Down Under Car Club
Car enthusiasts, restoration hobbyists and budding racers can are in for a treat with the ridiculous amount of driving delights on show. There’ll be restored vintage speedcars, speedway motorcycles and sidecars, plus sporty coupes, immaculate luxury cars, custom trucks, and roaring corvettes from classic 50 models to more modern makes.
Don’t forget to check out the extra special vintage Black and White Cabs Taxi, on display from 8am-3pm on Redcliffe Parade.
Got auto-related questions, or keen to join a car club? Many of the car owners will be on hand during the day happy to discuss all things auto with you. If you’re lucky you might even be given the green light to sit in the driver’s seat of their pride and joy for a closer look.
What’s On for Families at Redcliffe Remembers? Check Out the Rockabilly Pinup Beauty Pageant
The Miss Redcliffe Festival Pinup Pageant open to females aged 16 and up is making its Redcliffe Festival debut this year.
Head to the Revin’ Up Redcliffe Stage at 12:30pm for the First Heat. You’ll find the stage located near the intersection of Anzac Avenue and Redcliffe Parade. Prizes will be awarded based on personality and the best pinup threads, with the winner to be announced at 2pm.
Aside from an awesome prize, the winner will also enjoy the honour of being the face of Miss Redcliffe Festival 2016/2017.
Please note: Registrations are now closed for this FREE to enter pinup pageant.
There’s Plenty More Redcliffe Remembers Entertainment Happening this Sunday…
- A first settlement re-enactment by local indigenous representatives of the Gubbi Gubbi people – on the Beach Stage next to Redcliffe Jetty at 10:30am
- The largest market day to descend upon the peninsula featuring food vendors, jewellery, homewares and everything in-between – situated along Baker St, Sutton St and the foreshore area by Redcliffe Parade
- Arcade gaming at Penny Arcade – on Redcliffe Jetty
- Main Stage live music – near the Redcliffe Parade & Humpybong Esplanade roundabout
- Billy Cart Races – Charlish Park
- Historical guided walk led by Ian Harding from the Redcliffe Historical Society – leaving from the First Settlement Memorial Wall in Anzac Park at 11:15am
- Redcliffe remembers High Tea – hosted at Picnic Park in Anzac Place, off Redcliffe Parade
- Buskers and roving performers
Redcliffe Remembers Details
Date: This Sunday, 11th September
Time: 8am – 3pm
Location: Redcliffe Parade and foreshore area, Redcliffe